- Using Exchange Troubleshooting Assistant (ExTRA), create a Recovery Storage Group (RSG) in an appropriate location, with the correct database name specified to match the original database.
- After it's been created, the RSG will be empty. Restore the Exchange data to the RSG path using the Exchange Restore Wizard within Attix5 Pro:
- Select Specify the restore options for each storage group and deselect Dismount stores before recovery.
- Select Restore this storage group for the storage group you wish to restore.
- Deselect Mount databases after restore and Wait for Exchange to complete restore.
- Set Temporary path to use... to be the RSG path.
- Click Start Restore.
- Using ExTRA, click Manage Recovery Storage Group, select Mount or Dismount databases in the recovery storage group and mount the RSG database.
- Open Exchange Management Shell.
- To restore a mailbox into a separate recovery folder use the following command: "Restore-Mailbox -RSGMailbox <Mailbox Name> -Identity <Mailbox Name> -RSGDatabase <RSG Name>\<Database Name> -TargetFolder <Recovery Folder Name>"
For example, for the mailbox name "Administrator", "Recovery Storage Group" and "Mailbox Database" defaults, to recover to the "Recovery" folder, use the following command: "Restore-Mailbox -RSGMailbox Administrator -Identity Administrator -RSGDatabase "Recovery Storage Group\Mailbox Database" -TargetFolder "Recovery""
- Press Y to confirm, and the mailbox will be restored to the specified folder.
Further options on restoring can be found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997694%28EXCHG.80%29.aspx