- On a V5 client you have applied a filter or included the 'My Computer' node in your selection to include the all the drives for backup.
- An upgrade is performed to V6.
- After the upgrade, 'My Computer' is no longer selected.
- You are also unable to right-click on 'My Computer' and select 'Include'.
- You can include 'My Computer' using the menu option 'Selection->Include'. The folder however shows as selected in the GUI but is not backed up.
During the upgrade to V6 the backup selection file is converted into a new structure. This is done to accomodate new features in V6 eg: Multiple backup selections.
During the conversion the root selection (My Computer) fails to convert correctly so no entry is created for it in the selection file.
The manual inclusion of 'My Computer' also fails due to this conversion process.
- Auto Upgrade from V5 to V6
Please install the latest V6.2.2 Storage Platform and ClientUpdate pack before enabling groups to auto update.
You won’t be able to apply a filter or selection on the 'My Computer' node. However, when you upgrade from a V5 client with ‘My Computer’ selected, the selection (or filters) will be transferred to all children of 'My Computer' (drives and tree plugins) during the auto-upgrade. Therefore the My Computer node will not be selected in V6 but everything underneath will, so the selection will essentially remain the same.
Note: This conversion is only done during upgrade, so if a new drive is added, it will not be selected automatically and must be manually added.
Please logon to your Partner Area for the latest download links
- Clients already upgraded to V6
The latest StoragePlatform and ClientUpdate pack cannot fix the already missing selection caused by the conversion process.
The selection must be re-applied using one of the following methods:
- Manually include all drives or apply filters after the upgrade.
- Apply a profiled inclusion via the SP Console.