Note: This fix is applicable to Version 6.2.3 only.
Please ensure that you have installed V6.2.3 ClientUpdate.exe (available in your Partner Area: http://www.attix5.com/index.php?q=memberlogin) first, before applying this update.
The V6.2.3 Hotfix can be downloaded here: Plugin_29_v2.9.zip
- The MSDE writer is shown as selected in the Backup Client selection tree when using the VSS plug-in
- During a backup, the backup log shows:
- The VSS plug-in adding the MSDE writer components
- It does not show the SQL databases being added or patched
- No SQL databases are available for restore
The VSS plug-in ignores all System State related writers since these components are backed up by the System State plug-in. The MSDE writer was seen as a System State component and as a result the data selected under the MSDE writer was ignored and not backed up.
An updated VSS plug-in is available which will include the MSDE writer.
To update the VSS plug-in you need to do one of the following:
1. Apply the V6.2.3 Hotfix to auto-update the plug-in at the next backup
- First ensure you have the latest V6.2.3 ClientUpdates installed
- Download the ZIP file: Plugin_29_v2.9.zip
- Browse to your ClientUpdates folder e.g.: C:\ProgramData\Attix5 Pro\AS_Service\ClientUpdates
- Paste the downloaded Plugin_29_v2.9.zip in the ClientUpdates folder
- Ensure that Auto Update is enabled for the Group/Storage Platform via your SP Console
- Perform a backup to initate the auto-update
- Confirm the plug-in version is V2.9 in Help > About.
2. Manually upgrade the VSS plug-in using the Plug-in Installer.
- In the Partner Area, browse to My Software - Attix5 (http://www.attix5.com/index.php?q=ccon,254,My Software - Attix5) and download the latest Plug-in Installer
- Run the Plug-in installer on the machine where the V6.2.3 Server Edition is installed
- A blue icon will be desplayed next to the tick box for the VSS plug-in, indicating that it will be upgraded
- Complete the steps of the Plug-in Installer.