NOTE: This issue is resolved in V7.0.3 Update 4 but the Backup Client must be reinstalled. Auto updates does not work where this issue is experienced. Please contact support to assist with uninstalling, reinstalling and configuring the Backup Client.
Excessive CPU usage during idle time (backup not running) on Win 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 when using "Run backups in the background"
Disable 'Run backups in background' in the Backup Client using one of the following options:
In the Backup Client
- Go to Tools, select Options
- Under Performance, select Backup Priority
- Deselect 'Run backups in the backupground'
- OK to save and close Options and Settings window
Multiple Backup Clients via Profiling
- In the Storage Platform Console, select the Group where the profile must be applied
- Right-click on the group and select Configure or select the Configure button from the toolbar
- Select the Profiling tab
- Select Enable Profiling if not yet enabled
- In the Option Enforcement section, expand Performace - Backup Priority under Available Options
- Select Backup in background and select the ' >>' button
- Select False and OK
- Select OK to close and apply the profiling.