An error "GC overhead limit exceeded" is displayed when restoring using the ESE Backup Client. The backup-ui.log file will contain the full stack trace also showing "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space".
The number of folders in the Restore selection tree is larger than the Backup Client has memory to accommodate.
Increase the memory allocated to the Backup Client.
To do this:
- Open the ESE Backup Client GUI and click the Options button
- In the Options and Settings dialog box, select Performance and then Advanced Performance
- Set the Backup service amount to 1536 (the default is 512)
- Set the Backup Client interface to 1536 (the default is 1,024)
- Click Ok
- In order for the settings to take effect, the Backup Client GUI and Service need to be restarted:
- Close the GUI - changes will take effect when opening it again.
- Restart the "Attix5 Pro ESE" Windows service.
Note: Should the initial memory adjustment specified in steps 3 and 4 not resolve the problem, it can be further increased up to 3012 MB